After a judge has signed the order that legally changes your name and gender marker, there are two things you need to do to update your IDS:

We also suggest updating your name with your banks, credit cards and credit reporting agencies.

Information about updating out-of-state IDs is at the National Center for Transgender Equality’s ID Document Center.

Last updated on June 28, 2021