Students in public schools and schools that receive federal funding have the right to:
- Be free from bullying, and harassment from students, staff, and teachers;
- Speak about LGBTQ+ issues and be out at school;
- Dress according to your gender identity and expression;
- Start or participate in GSAs or other LGBTQ+ student groups;
- Bring the date of your choice to school events like prom;
- Use the bathrooms and locker rooms that match your gender identity;
- Be called by your preferred name and correct pronouns, even if you have not had a legal name or gender marker change.
- Participate in sports teams according to your gender identity regardless of your sex assigned at birth.