LGBT Law Project
The LGBT Project of Indiana Legal Services is a statewide legal assistance program providing legal advocacy and representation to LGBT people in Indiana. Our goal is to address the disproportionate rates of poverty and violence in the LGBT community by assisting in issues that cause and affect poverty, violence and discrimination.
What we do
The LGBT Project provides free legal advice, information and representation to LGBT individuals throughout Indiana. Common cases the LGBT Project takes are:
- Name and Gender Marker Changes
- Insurance coverage of gender-affirming treatment and services
- Divorce and Protective Orders
- Bullying, education, and youth issues
- Family recognition, including adoption and guardianship
Who we serve
The LGBT project serves LGBTQA+ individuals who are Indiana residents. Thanks to a generous grant from the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute (ICJI) and the The Office for Victims of Crime (OVC), the LGBT project is able to assist individuals with household income or assets greater than the Indiana Legal Services limits.
For a confidential intake, contact the LGBT Project in any of the following ways:
- Phone - 765-423-2703
- Email - email@example.com
- Community Partners - Eskenazi Transgender Health and Wellness Clinic (ask your provider for a referral)
Who we are