COVID-19: Stimulus Payment Information

Important note! For domestic violence survivors who filed a joint 2020 tax return with your abusive spouse and have not received your share of the Stimululs Payment, you must act by May 17, 2021. Learn more here.


COVID-19: Latest Stimulus Payment Information

  • The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), enacted on March 11, 2021, provides for up to $1400 per individual in stimulus payments for the most Americans.
  • Millions of Americans are already receiving these funds, mostly by direct deposit.
  • Eligibility: Single tax-filer up to $75,000 income, reduced amount up to $80,000 (based on 2019 or 2020 returns).  Joint filers:  $150,000, reduced amount up to $160,000.  Dependents (including adults) also qualify, as do non-filing persons receiving Social Security, SSD, SSI, Veterans Benefits and Railroad Retirement.
  • If you haven’t received your stimulus payment, you can go to the IRS website, enter identifying information, and receive a status report.  Go to: IRS – “Get My Payment,”
  • If any creditors threaten to, or attempt to seize your stimulus payment, feel free to contact us for assistance or advice. Click here to learn more about our intake.
Posted: April 17, 2020