New Report on Indiana's HIP 2.0 Program
Kaiser Family Fondation has released an Issue Brief entitled "An Early Look at Medicaid Expansion Waiver Implementation in Michigan and Indiana" The brief is atttached.
- Medicaid expansion design, whether through state plan authority or waivers, is highly dependent on the features of a state’s underlying Medicaid program.
- Implementation of complex programs involves collaboration with a variety of stakeholders, sophisticated IT systems, and administrative costs.
- Premium costs and complex enrollment policies can deter eligible people from enrolling in Medicaid coverage.
- Health accounts can be confusing for beneficiaries.
- Beneficiary and provider education and tangible incentives appear central to implementing healthy behavior incentive programs.